Academia María Reina was licensed in 1970 by the Consejo de Educación de Puerto Rico and was accredited in 1973 by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association.
Affiliated with the Catholic School Office of the Archdiocese of San Juan, the school holds membership in the following organizations:
- Alliance Française de Puerto Rico
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Caribbean Counselors Association
- College Entrance Examination Board
- National Association of College Admissions Counselors
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- National Association of Student Councils
- National Catholic Education Association
- National Art Honor Society
- National Honor Society
- Puerto Rico High School Athletic Alliance
- Société Honoraire de Français
We are proud that in 1989 the Council for American Private Education (CAPE) recognized Academia María Reina as a School of Excellence.