The College Counseling program at Academia María Reina upholds the mission of the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, NY, encouraging our students to take the lead of their college search, selection and application process. College counseling is student centered and focuses on guiding them to select their colleges and universities based on their personal and academic needs and professional goals. The College Counselor aims to assist in the development of our students by encouraging academic, career and social/emotional growth toward lifelong success in a diverse and changing world.
Through individual counseling and group guidance, the College Counselor will help students to:
- Acquire the attitudes, knowledge and skills that contribute to effective learning in school and across their life span.
- Identify and finalize a list of colleges, based on best fit, to which the student will apply.
- Complete original, grammatically flawless college application essays.
- Complete college applications on time.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Prepare for the transition from high school to college.
The College Counselor also meets with parents individually and conducts group Parent Orientations regarding the college search, selection and application process, financial aid and the transition to college.
For more information contact: Vivian González, College Counselor at email@example.com