French is offered in two programs: a four-year program (grades 9 -12) and a six-year program (grades 7 -12). Students are prepared to take the French Language SAT II test by their junior year. Students enrolled in the six-year French program may also take the French AP exam in their senior year.
- French I An introduction to the language and its basic oral and writing skills to deal with everyday situations.
- French II and III Greater emphasis on basic grammatical structures, improved oral and writing skills, and French culture.
- French IV Complex grammatical structures and verb tenses; the study of French literature as a means to explore universal values.
- French V Critical analysis of major works in French literature.
- French VI The study of French culture and language, through exposure to French cinema and geography.
- AP French Language Study of French literature in greater depth and exploration of France’s history and its regions.